View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 A "solution" to make more items useful 

I think a quick way to make more items useful is to take A LOT of the items that are equip level 65 AND are under item lvl 90 (hits wealth ) and lower them to lower equip levels, but keep their item level the same.

At level 65 most people just tend to choose the highest/end game items to equip therefore bypassing ALOT of these items.

If you lowered their equip levels to 60,61,62,63,64 it would help progression in those levels and make those items actually be used.

Why would I wear a diabolic plate or dirus chain when I can equip a Vexar Armor which is 2nd best in game item?

I think this would help progression and as well as the economy.

Examples: Dirus Chain, Diabolic Plate, Arachnid Gear, Gray Shroud, Diabolic Helm, Demonic Helm, Dirus Cloak, Shroud Hat, Shroud Weapons, Shroud Boots, Diabolic Staff, Bow of Lethal Speed, Adept Ring, Warrior Rings, Holy Power Shield, and tons more.

please consider this.

Wed May 22, 2024 11:15 am

Edit; I misread the post. That could work.. spread out the power

phpBB [video]

Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 pm

Or here is another idea.

Take all level 65 equip gear, and make them all the same power (same item level). However vary them highly with respect to properties. So in the end something like a level 65 diabolic plate is not any more powerful than a Vexar armor, its just the Vexar armor is very different than the diabolic plate. So someone that is playing a paladin with a particular build will choose a diabolic plate over a Vexar armor, while someone playing a warrior with a specific build type will choose Vexar armor instead. This will give all level 65 equip gear value and use, and it will also vary the type of builds each character can have. Super items should not really be more powerful then non super items, but be specialized in a particular stat (and obviously have a more unique and rare look). For example,

If regular/common Vexar armor has 4/4/4 4AMP/3HP steal/4 attack speed/6 dispel, a super Vexar armor can be 8/2/2 1amp/ 1hp/ 7 attack speed/ 5 dispel - For someone that likes more balanced builds, regular will be the choice, while someone that likes speed/pvp, the super will be their choice. There can be obviously be multiple variations of the of super armors that specialize in different stats.

Wed May 22, 2024 1:38 pm

Easier to just make item lvl 75-89 items equip level 60-64.

Thu May 23, 2024 1:33 am

Loki wrote:
Easier to just make item lvl 75-89 items equip level 60-64.

So is just outright deleting the useless items but doesn't mean it's the best solution.

People don't care about 1-69 gear. There is no value in this gear other than some rings. No one is going out of their way to go out of their way to swap out a level 62 armor for a level 63 armor unless they already have both. People will just power level from 60 to 65 in whatever gear they have.

Equip 65 gear is where the most value and diversity should be and EJ has structured 65 gear in a very boring way. For the most part the higher tier item is better in every single way over the lower tier item, making lower tier obsolete and worthless.

Yes, restructuring equip 65 gear would be alot of work but it would solve so many issues, including making a lot of items useful again, encouraging build diversity, and making many items.vsluable encouraging trading.

Thu May 23, 2024 11:12 am

people levleing new chars from 1-65 for KQ do, which is most.

Thu May 23, 2024 11:40 am

I agree!! when I returned to xen just recently (2024) , I had no gear and wasnt even level 65 yet. From level 58-65 was such a pain due this exact reason. i almost gave up lol

Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 pm

king quest is abit meh you will get 8/10 melee weapons all which you can get in cons for basically less than 10plat with hunting props

if king quest was added as a Catchup mechanic its very bad atm.

Thu May 23, 2024 6:07 pm

True. Back on topic, I dont think this would be hard to change.

Fri May 24, 2024 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]